What’s different about Something New, Borrowed and Blue?
- We’re the only off the rack bridal shop in the Reading Bridal District and we’re committed to keeping prices low. At Something New Borrowed and Blue, you can actually try on gowns in your size. We carry sizes 0-30 and are excited to help you find the perfect gown for your unique body.
What’s the price range of your gowns?
- Our gowns are between $299 and $1,399.
Do you sell accessories?
- We carry a selection of veils and bridal belts but do not sell jewelry or shoes. Please check out our sister store, Blush Bridal, for bridal jewelry.
How are your prices so low?
- We constantly communicate with vendors to clear out inventory. Retail space is limited at other wedding boutiques—some of these gowns take up a lot of space. In our efforts to constantly rotate inventory, we’re able to find unique gowns and pass them onto you at significant savings.
Are you a consignment store? Can you sell my wedding gown?
- We’re not a consignment store and do not sell previously worn wedding gowns.
When can I take my gown home?
- Today. Everything is one of a kind, and we won’t hold your gown for you, but you also won’t have to wait 4-6 months for your gown to arrive.
How long is an appointment?
- 90 minutes. This gives you time to try on gowns with the assistance of one of our bridal stylists.
What is the best day to shop?
- Weekdays are the best day to shop. On a busy weekend, the store can become crowded quickly. Weekdays provide a more private and enjoyable shopping experience for brides and their guests.
Do I need to bring anything to my appointment?
- Bring your highest pair of heels. Gowns are cut for someone who is 5’9″.
May I bring my friends and/or family?
- Absolutely. We have limited seating, but we want you to be supported by your friends and family as you make this decision.
How long will it take for a seamstress to make alterations?
- Wedding gowns are a lot of work. Give your seamstress 2-3 months for necessary alterations.